NEWS: Crunchyroll unveils first video for Shenmue animated series, Art – Forum

See previous topic :: See next topic Author A message The not so chosen

Joined: Nov 18, 2016
Posts: 154

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:35 PM Reply with a quote

I’d be more interested in this anime if Crunchyroll wasn’t behind it.

Back to the top
View user profile Send a private message
RockSplash

Registration: Oct 28, 2019
Posts: 240

To postPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:39 PM Reply with a quote
The Not so Chosen One wrote:

I’d be more interested in this anime if Crunchyroll wasn’t behind it.

Again, like Fena before, I’m pretty sure Adult Swim is the company to thank for this. They invest money directly in these projects.


Back to the top
View user profile Send a private message
chatbot158

Registration: March 04, 2017
Posts: 218
Location: United States

To postPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:54 PM Reply with a quote

Whenever I hear news about the Shenmue anime, I continue to be worried. Not only because they’re going to do an adaptation of Shenmue, of all things, but also because the director doesn’t have the best credits to his name. Season 2 of One Punch Man, Lost Song … I don’t know, maybe it could be entertaining, but I still have reservations …

Back to the top
View user profile Send a private message
The not so chosen

Joined: Nov 18, 2016
Posts: 154

To postPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:09 PM Reply with a quote
RockSplash wrote:

Again, like Fena before, I’m pretty sure Adult Swim is the company to thank for this. They invest money directly in these projects.

It’s a co-production. Still enough Crunchyroll involvement not to get excited about it.


Back to the top
View user profile Send a private message
Matros

Registration: Feb 22 2021
Posts: 49

To postPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:28 PM Reply with a quote

Phew. The visuals leave a lot to be desired.

Back to the top
View user profile Send a private message
paulchaesté

Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 147

To postPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:50 PM Reply with a quote
The Not so Chosen One wrote:

I’d be more interested in this anime if Crunchyroll wasn’t behind it.

Did you like Oddtaxi, an AOTY competitor?


Back to the top
View user profile Send a private message
BadNewsBlues

Joined: Sep 21, 2014
Posts: 4614

To postPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:19 PM Reply with a quote
The Not so Chosen One wrote:

I’d be more interested in this anime if Crunchyroll wasn’t behind it.

If we’re fair, why would anyone care about a Shenmue anime, no matter who is producing it in 2021, that’s the real dilemma.


Back to the top
View user profile Send a private message
Frontier

Joined: Apr 13, 2014
Posts: 2248

To postPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:53 PM Reply with a quote
I’m skeptical of turning Shenmue into an anime and how well it will fit … visually, the trailer doesn’t look too impressive, but the fight animation, which might be worth it. to be looked at, looks pretty decent.

I’m curious if the dub’s vocal performances will be conducted as they were for Shenmue 3.


Back to the top
View user profile Send a private message
Aresef

Joined: June 22, 2005
Posts: 738
Location: MD

To postPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:18 AM Reply with a quote
MFrontier wrote:


I’m curious if the dub’s vocal performances will be conducted as they were for Shenmue 3.

I hope so.


Back to the top
View user profile Send a private message
donhumberto

Joined: Jan 19, 2017
Posts: 634

To postPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:26 AM Reply with a quote

It looks really good. We hope, however, that this will help you in your research.

Back to the top
View user profile Send a private message
HueyLion

Registration: Feb 14 2014
Posts: 753

To postPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:29 am Reply with a quote

I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends on a cliffhanger and the story waits to be continued in another game … because for some reason the creator just doesn’t want the Shenmue story to end. .

Back to the top
View user profile Send a private message
Todd_Harry08

Registration: Sep 24, 2019
Posts: 28

To postPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:46 am Reply with a quote
catbot158 wrote:

Whenever I hear news about the Shenmue anime, I continue to be worried. Not only because they’re going to do an adaptation of Shenmue, of all things, but also because the director doesn’t have the best credits to his name. Season 2 of One Punch Man, Lost Song … I don’t know, maybe it could be entertaining, but I still have reservations …

He has done a lot of key animations on the naruto franchise and has been the chief animation director for most of the naruto movies and even directed some episodes of shippuden.

Also, I don’t think you can really blame him for OPM S2 as the schedule was too tight for an action show and it was obvious for someone’s early debut in directing an action show. who didn’t land well but his storyboards for episode 4 were good


Back to the top
View user profile Send a private message
Beatdigga

Joined: Oct 26, 2003
Posts: 3425
Location: New-York

To postPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:06 am Reply with a quote
MFrontier wrote:
I’m skeptical of turning Shenmue into an anime and how well it will fit … visually, the trailer doesn’t look too impressive, but the fight animation, which might be worth it. to be looked at, looks pretty decent.

I’m curious if the dub’s vocal performances will be conducted as they were for Shenmue 3.

I would prefer them to be subject to more conventional quality standards, but all we have to do now is the monologue.

The combat animation looks good. This is going to be the kicker here.


Back to the top
View user profile Send a private message


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *