Netflix will soon lose a significant collection of classic anime content such as the InuYasha and Naruto movies.
It’s certainly heartbreaking for fans, but to find out if these shows are leaving the platform forever, you need to read further. Here is a list of what the anime movie is leaving, when it is leaving and is it a forever decision?
It must be pointed out that with animated content on Netflix, licensing is often difficult to follow and the deletion of a show is not always final. We’ve seen such examples through anime like Attack on Titan.
List of InuYasha movies leaving Netflix
Netflix US is the only region that has a collection of InuYasha movies at the moment and you should know that the main series is not coming out of the platform (Netflix UK also recently acquired the rights to the series).
- Inuyasha the Movie: Affections Touching Across Time (2001) – The story revolves around a powerful demon who has been caged for 200 years. But with the resurrection of the demon, the future of the earth hangs in the balance.
- InuYasha: Movie 2: Castle Beyond the Looking Glass (2002) – With their seemingly invincible enemy now gone, InuYasha and his friends return to everyday life. But peace will soon be a thing of the past.
- InuYasha: Film 3: The Sword of the Honorable Sovereign (2002) – The Great Demon Dog left one of Fang’s Three Swords to each of his two sons to inherit. But what about the third? Now the evil power of the Third Sword is doing its job.
- InuYasha: Film 4: Fire on Mystic Island (2004) – Ai is an incomplete young demon who fled Horai Island to try to help his community return with would-be rescuers InuYasha, Sesshomaru, and Kikyo.
List of Naruto Movies Leaving Netflix
This removal of Naruto anime movies applies to both Netflix in the US and Canada, although the two have different titles. Netflix Canada in particular shouldn’t lose major TV series.
- Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow (2004) – Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura think they’ll protect a beautiful character from harm while she’s busy making her next movie, but it turns out that she is a princess.
- Naruto the Movie 2: Legend of the Stone of Gelel (2005) – While on a mission to retrieve a lost animal, Naruto and his fellow ninjas were attacked by brutal knights led by the mysterious Temujin.
- Naruto the Movie 3: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom (2006) – Ninja Naruto joins his friends Sakura and Kakashi to safely transport Prince Michiru and his son, Hikaru, to the Crescent Moon Kingdom.
- Naruto Shippūden the Movie: Bonds (2008) – When strange ninjas invaded the village of Konohagakure, it was the responsibility of the Naruto ninja and his long-lost partner Sasuke to save the planet.
- Naruto Shippūden the Movie: The Will of Fire (2009) – With four of the five ninja villages destroyed, the leader of the survivor tries to find the real criminal and defend his village.